speaking valves enable easier vocalization for alert, awake patients who are independently breathing.
The speaking valve is commonly used to help patients speak more normally. This one-way valve attaches to the outside opening of the tracheostomy tube and allows air to pass into the tracheostomy, but not out through it.
- Available with or without a supplemental oxygen port and cap
- Air flow through oral and nasal chambers decreases secretions, increases ability to smell and swallow
- Decreases hygiene and infection concerns, compared to finger occlusions
- Lightweight materials and construction may help reduce additional pressure on stoma site
- Connector adapts to most tracheostomy tubes including pediatric sizes
- Hinged cap for easy cleaning
- Available sterile
Brand : Covidien
Pack : 2's